As the head coach of First Touch FC, I would like to share my views and love for football, I do not want to bore you with all the details. So, I started playing football as a very young child, playing wherever I could, in the street and local parks, unfortunately my parents were not financially in a position to enroll me at the local football club, but this did not stop me to carry on to achieve my goals in life. Through perseverance, training and commitment I managed to play junior football for Fulham, this was one of the highlights of my football career.
As I got older the frenzy of football was observed in parks, restaurants, stores – let’s face it football is everywhere.
Some of my friends that were never professional football fans, even found themselves swept up in the excitement and action. Watching football together as a family offers many benefits:
- Increases focus and attention.
- Promotes family bonding.
- Enhances social interactions and connections.
- Children gets to learn about all the countries around the world.
- Friendly competition.
The love for football encouraged me to start a football club for kids, so in 2011 I started First Touch FC offering kids the opportunity to be part of one of the most famous sports in the world. During our weekend football training sessions, I find each day a wonderful challenge, seeing the kids being eager to learn the game and build towards their goals.
Most of us is aware of all the amazing benefits that football offers for kids, but for those that are still wondering if they should enroll their kids for football, here are a few of the important benefits:
- Playing football, kids stay fit, healthy and exercise that improves cardiovascular health, enhances flexibility and improves strength.
- Teamwork is important as players have to work together as a team in order to be successful, and teamwork is a necessary skill to be successful in school, family and work.
- Improve motor skills that is especially important for kids that are weak in this area, by increasing the strength of core muscles.
- Boosting self-esteem and self-confidence helps kids become comfortable learning new things and performing in front of a crowd.
- Playing football kids learn to communicate in a variety of ways by working together and communicating effectively in order to be successful.
- Players need to be aware and alert throughout training and playing a game, thus increasing their concentration and focus.
- Football creates motivation and drive, helping kids become more successful as students and adults.
- Football players requires a certain level of responsibility to their team, coaches and themselves this involves work ethic and responsibility.
- Playing football enhances kids visual spatial awareness as well as problem solving skills, as the fast pace of football makes kids think quickly to respond and improves cognitive flexibility.
- Then the most important fact – football is fun and it is so important that kids LOVE the sport they play. Football is exciting and fun which is why it is one of the most popular sports in the world.
Just imagine, by enrolling your kids at First Touch FC, you can give your kids the opportunity to enjoy all the benefits of football while they are having fun.