Whether it is snowing, raining or Covid 19 and you must keep the children indoors, exercise games are a great way to get the family giggling and away from the TV, iPods, etc. and just having fun.
First Touch have put together a few indoor games focusing on fun and exercising. These games are a simple way to integrate exercise and movement into any day. The games can be played in your living room or in hallways. So, what are you waiting for try a few of these games and we can assure you that your family will be laughing and tired after playing.
These games are simple focusing on fun and exercise, maybe it will inspire your family to devise more entertaining ways to get moving.
- Kids are often naturals at headstands, and it is a great activity for core muscles and to get blood going to the brain.
- Jump rope is great try singing songs while you are jumping.
- Create a furniture obstacle course in your apartment, add in physical challenges or specific mental challenges to keep them guessing.
- Bear-walk, crab and wheelbarrow races will give everyone a real workout.
- Introduce animal races by hopping like a bunny or frog, squat and waddle like a duck etc.
- Write up clues (scavenger hunt) and hide them in the apartment, the kids can race around to find each clue for a small prize at the end.
- Jumping jacks are good for coordination and they get your heart going. If you battling to get your kids to go to bed, make them do 25 jumping jacks to tire them out.
- If you have bubble wrap get the kids to jump on it until all the bubbles are popped.
- Mom’s favourite – clean-up race, put on a song or set a timer and see who can clean the room the fastest.
We cannot express the importance of keeping fit and healthy enough during this lock-down period, as it is important for body and mind.